Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
This graduate visa is for international students who have recently graduated from Australian institution(s). This visa allows the international students to live, study and work after finishing their studies for a period of 18 months to 4 years.
This visa has two streams: Graduate work stream and Post-study work stream.
General Requirements or main applicant for both streams
- be under 50 years of age
- hold an eligible visa
- be in Australia
- meet the 2-year Australian study requirement
- hold adequate health insurance
- meet health and character requirements
- meet English language requirements
- meet specific requirements of the stream
The Australian study requirement
The Australian study requirement can be satisfied if the visa applicant has completed CRICOS-registered, one or more degrees, diplomas or trade qualifications in the past 6 months, which meet the following conditions.
- The total CRICOS registered duration of the course/s is at least two academic years (92 weeks)
- The study was completed in at least 16 calendar months
The visa applicant must satisfy the English language requirement with either of the following test formats:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – an overall score of at least 6 with a minimum score of 5 in each of the four test components
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic – an overall score at least 50 with a minimum score of 36 each in each of the four test components
- Occupational English Test (OET) – a score of at least B in each of the four test components
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) – an overall score of at least 64 with 4 for listening, 4 for reading, 14 for Writing and 14 for speaking
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) – an overall test score of at least 169 with a minimum score of at least 154 in each of the four test components
The visa applicant must have sat the English language test in the three years before applying and the results should be provided with the visa application.
Health, Character and Insurance Requirements
- The visa applicant and dependent family members included in the application must meet health requirements by completing the required health examinations as part of the visa application process.
- All visa applicants who are in Australia and 16 years of age or older must satisfy character requirements. S/he must provide evidence of clearance or should have applied for an Australian Federal Police check, in the 12 months prior to application date.
- All visa applicants must have adequate health insurance.
Graduate Work Stream
This is for international students who have recently graduated and possess the skills and qualification for one of the occupation in Skilled Occupation List (SOL). This visa is valid for 18 months from the date of grant.
The applicant must meet the following requirements for the grant of the visa:
- Nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and provide evidence that s/he holds a successful skill assessment outcome in the nominated skilled occupation from a relevant assessing authority.
- Prove that degree(s), diploma(s), or trade qualification(s) used to meet the Australian study requirement is closely related to nominated skilled occupation.
Post Study Work Stream
This visa is for international students who applied their first student visa on, or after, November 5, 2011 and have graduated with higher education degree(s) from Australian education provider(s). This visa is valid for 2 to 4 years, depending upon the highest qualification obtained in Australia.
Post Study work visa Duration
- For Bachelor Degree / Bachelor Degree with Honours / Masters by Coursework Degree / Masters (extended), the visa would last for 2 years from the grant date
- For Masters by Research Degree applicants, the visa would last for 3 years from the grant date
- For Doctoral Degree applicants, the visa would last for 4 years from the grant date
Including family members in application
The following family members can apply for this visa to join the main applicant in Australia:
- partner (married or de facto)
- dependent children
These family members must meet the requirements for including family members in the application and provide documentary evidence of their relationship to the main applicant. They must meet the health, character (if applicable) and insurance requirements necessary for the grant of the visa.
If the family members are onshore, the main applicant can include family members in the visa application at the time of lodgement. However, if the family members are offshore, they can apply for this visa as subsequent entrants upon the grant of the visa of the main applicant.
This visa allows the visa holder/s to stay in Australia temporarily for the duration of the visa with full work, study and travel rights.
Main applicant and family members must hold adequate health insurance and comply with the Australian law throughout the visa period.
Thank you Sophiya Consultants !!! It was a wonderful experience to have taken assistance from Sophiya for getting one step closer to my dream of moving to Canada. I recommend all my friends to visit once.
All the counselors at Sophiya Consultants helped and guided me well about the institutes and courses available. Also they helped me in all the different processes from applying for a course to get the visa. Thanks a lot for your guidance and cooperation.
I will always refer my friends and relatives Sophiya Consultants for study visa application because they are very fast and good in their dealings. I am really happy to have got my visa through Sophiya
Sophiya Consultants was clear in Instruction and Follow-ups. Team Sophiya is very helpful and supportive. I consider myself lucky to have applied for my study visa through Sophiya. Thanks, Sophiya Consultants team.
I am really very happy to have got my study visa approved for Australia with the help of Sophiya Consultants. Team Sophiya was really very supportive and helpful in processing the documents.
Duties performed by all the Sophiya team members in getting me my visa is worth appreciation. They provided all the relevant information, support and guidance at every step that has made the process of my study visa quite easy and fast.
I am really very thankful to Sophiya Consultants for guiding me throughout my application and for getting me my visa. I got all the support and assistance in preparing my documents and in making an application.
I got my Visa through Sophiya Consultants. Thanks to all staff they provide me the best options for me specially thanks to Gurjeet Sir for my Dream come true.
Thank you Sophiya consultants for your service. Best consultants in Punjab I got my Visa within 10 days. I recommend all my friends to visit Sophiya Once